History

 

Smith House

 

Wrightstown Trading Post

 

Rushland Train Station

 

Anchor Inn

 

Villages

 

Octagonal Schoolhouse

 

 

History <

Wrightstown Trading Post


 

The Wrightstown Trading Post is in the village of Wrightstown, on Durham Road, across for the Quaker meetinghouse property. Thomas Canby opened the store and probably initially rented from John Chapman before buying the lot in 1800. William Hagaman, brother of Lewis Hagaman, who had the Rushland store, owned the Trading Post from 1877 to 1906. During the 19th century and the early years of the 20th, the post office for the village of Wrightstown was in the Trading Post.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wrightstown Township
2203 Second Street Pike • Wrightstown, PA 18940
215-598-3313 • 215-598-0529 (Fax)
Office Hours: M to F • 8 am to 4:30 pm
Copyright 2018 - All Rights Reserved
 
Powered by Peregrine Associates