Wycombe

WycombeWycombe burst on the scene in the 1890′s when the Northeast Pennsylvania Railroad opened a line through the county.  The villagers originally wanted their town called Lingohocken which was the area’s Indian name, but postal authorities felt it would be confused with the town of Wingohocken, another post office in Pennsylvania. The name Wycombe was then adopted. It is an excellent example of a late 19th century Victorian Village and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Print Friendly